5 Tips To Helping Your Child Floss!
Flossing is one of the most important activities your child can do, but it is often skipped over. The only way to protect your child from periodontal disease and gingivitis is to remove food from between the teeth. If your child flosses 1x a day, it will save your child from years of problems. Here are 5 tips to flossing correctly from Dr. Fuller & his team.
1. Get floss that has wax. It can be difficult to get floss in between their teeth if their teeth are close together. Wax floss helps to glide between the teeth instead of getting stuck.
2. Get floss that is meant for kids. Depending on the age of your child, the floss you purchase can make a big difference. Your seven year old may not yet have the dexterity they need to get regular floss between the back teeth. Providing a flosser can help.
3. Floss 1x a day at the same time every day. By keeping the routine consistent from an early age it will help your child see this is an important part of the their daily routine.
4. Gently slide the floss between your teeth. Don’t push hard, or attempt to push down on your child’s gums when flossing. Gently glide the floss between the teeth and then go to the next tooth.
5. Use an up and down-C motion to remove food and debris from between the teeth. This will help to get food out from between the teeth at the bottom of the tooth all the way to the top of the tooth.
For more flossing tips contact Dr. Cameron Fuller & his team today!