10 Interesting Facts About Teeth!
Teeth are amazing! Or at least we think so. Here some benefits and interesting pieces of information about your teeth. Ten interesting facts that you can share about your children’s teeth.
1. Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the body only slightly less-hard than a stainless steel fork.
2. Aerospace engineers are studying the enamel of teeth because it develops tiny cracks that diffuse stress when chewing and consuming certain foods. Aerospace engineers are looking to see if they can create a similar substance to build a stronger spacecraft.
3. In 1945, Grand Rapids, Michigan was the first place to add fluoride in to their water to help protect teeth.
4. There is a tooth bank in Norway that is collecting 100,000 baby teeth to study the impact of pollution and disease.
5. Some babies are born with teeth.
6. Dried fruit is worse for your children’s teeth than candy because it tends to stick to the enamel of the tooth, causing cavities.
7. The teeth are as unique as your child’s fingerprint.
8. Some people have a condition called hyperdontia where they continue to grow teeth. There are teeth that are below the gum line that will periodically pop up and crowd the other teeth.
9. Having braces and not brushing and flossing regularly can cause cavities.
10. Some children do not lose their baby teeth.
For more information on rare and interesting facts about teeth, contact Dr. Fuller and his team today!